Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A step back into colder times?


fog blanket, originally uploaded by stoney.jackson.

As the first term of adventure came to an end, I headed north. Friends awaited me, the cold and the snow embraced me, and I embraced it. I camped in a jail, I wandered snow capped streets and fogged engulfed river streams. The government of a gentler nation welcomed me into their quarters.

Up there I felt strange, people with courtesy, strange accents and slow cars penetrated my synapses. The mist had a strange calm and yet a subtle sadness. I missed my new home. I *had* a new home. What is this feeling when you realise your past is now firmly your past and you have entered into a new life, a new dream, a new now?

What now? I thought travelling forward would be the key. It seems now travelling back to the perfect point was the mission. They say the grass is greener, but no one ever mentions if the grass is knee deep in uniquely frozen droplets?

2 comments:

Mars' said...

hey baby!
welcome to blogspot!!!

I'm waiting for you in Barcelona!!!;P
Hope it's soon!

see you baby!!

Diantha said...

eloquence = totally sexy

Hope you're having an awesome time stoney!

Diantha